As a motorcyclist, you are at a higher risk of being involved in a serious or fatal accident due to the lack of protection offered by your vehicle.
Motorcycle accidents can be devastating and can result in serious injuries or even death. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident in Georgia, it is important to seek the help of a qualified motorcycle accident lawyer. In this guide, we will cover the 10 best motorcycle lawyers in Georgia, how to choose the best motorcycle accident lawyer, how a motorcycle accident lawyer can help in Georgia, and frequently asked questions about hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer.
10 Best Georgia Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Jon Ripps of Ripps Law Group: Jon Ripps is a highly experienced motorcycle accident lawyer who has helped many clients throughout Georgia. He is known for his compassionate approach and dedication to his clients.
- Brian H. Sumrall of Sumrall Law Firm: Brian H. Sumrall is a top-rated motorcycle accident lawyer in Georgia with over 25 years of experience. He has a reputation for being aggressive and getting results for his clients.
- David A. Wolf of The Wolf Law Group: David A. Wolf is a respected motorcycle accident lawyer in Georgia with a track record of successfully representing clients in complex cases. He is known for his professionalism and dedication to his clients.
- John Foy of John Foy & Associates: John Foy is a well-respected motorcycle accident lawyer in Georgia with over 20 years of experience. He is known for his ability to get maximum compensation for his clients.
- Matthew H. Crane of The Crane Firm: Matthew H. Crane is a highly skilled motorcycle accident lawyer in Georgia with a reputation for being aggressive and getting results for his clients. He has helped many clients throughout the state.
- Jeremy Salter of Salter Feiber, LLC: Jeremy Salter is a highly experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Georgia with a reputation for being compassionate and dedicated to his clients. He has a track record of successfully representing clients in complex cases.
- Jason R. Schultz of Schultz & Myers, LLC: Jason R. Schultz is a top-rated Georgia motorcycle accident lawyer with a reputation for being aggressive and getting results for his clients. He has helped many clients throughout the state.
- Michael G. Hostilo of Hostilo Law Firm, P.C.: Michael G. Hostilo is a highly skilled motorcycle accident lawyer Georgia with a reputation for being compassionate and dedicated to his clients. He has a track record of successfully representing clients in complex cases.
- Robert J. Fleming of The Law Offices of Robert J. Fleming: Robert J. Fleming is a respected motorcycle accident lawyer Georgia with over 20 years of experience. He is known for his professionalism and dedication to his clients.
- Ken Nugent of Ken Nugent, P.C.: Ken Nugent is a top-rated Georgia motorcycle accident lawyer with a reputation for being aggressive and getting results for his clients. He has helped many clients throughout the state.
How to Choose the Best Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Georgia
When choosing a motorcycle accident lawyer Georgia, it is important to consider the following factors:
- Experience: Look for a lawyer who has experience handling motorcycle accident cases in Georgia. This will ensure that they have a deep understanding of the laws and regulations surrounding these cases.
- Reputation: Look for a lawyer who has a good reputation within the legal community. This can be a good indicator of their skills and success rate.
- Communication: Choose a lawyer who is responsive and easy to communicate with. This will ensure that you have a clear understanding of your case and the progress being made.
- Check the lawyer’s credentials: Make sure the lawyer you choose is licensed to practice law in Georgia and has the necessary education and experience to handle your case.
- Look for a lawyer who offers a free consultation: A good motorcycle accident lawyer will offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case and help you understand your options.
How a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help in Georgia
- Investigating the accident: A motorcycle accident lawyer will gather evidence, including witness statements and police reports, to determine the cause of the accident and who is at fault.
- Negotiating with the insurance company: A motorcycle accident lawyer will negotiate with the insurance company to get you the maximum settlement possible.
- Filing a lawsuit: If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, a motorcycle accident lawyer can file a lawsuit on your behalf to seek compensation.
- Handling all legal paperwork: A motorcycle accident lawyer will handle all the legal paperwork and communication with the insurance company, allowing you to focus on recovering from your injuries.
- Representing you in court: If your case goes to trial, a motorcycle accident lawyer will represent you in court and argue your case to a judge or jury.
How Much Can an Accident Lawyer Charge?
Most motorcycle accident lawyers in Georgia work on a contingency fee basis, which means they will not charge you any upfront fees. Instead, they will take a percentage of the settlement or award as their fee. The percentage varies depending on the lawyer and the specifics of your case. It is important to discuss the fee arrangement with your lawyer before hiring them.
How many motorcycle accidents happen a year in Georgia?
According to data from the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, there were 3,874 motorcycle crashes in Georgia in 2020. These crashes resulted in 3,305 injuries and 204 fatalities. It is important for motorcyclists to practice safe riding habits and for all drivers to be aware of and share the road with motorcycles to prevent accidents.
In Georgia, you generally have two years from the date of a motorcycle accident to file a personal injury claim. This is known as the statute of limitations. If you do not file your claim within this time period, you may lose the right to seek compensation for your injuries or damages. It is important to note that this time period may be shorter in some cases, so it is best to consult with an attorney or legal professional as soon as possible to understand the specific deadline for your situation.
How long do I have to file a motorcycle accident claim in Georgia?
It is also worth noting that there are some exceptions to the statute of limitations that could affect the deadline for filing a claim. For example, if the person or entity that caused the accident is a government agency, you may have a shorter period of time to file a claim. Additionally, if the person who was injured is a minor, the statute of limitations may be extended until the minor reaches the age of majority (18 years old in Georgia).
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident and are considering filing a claim, it is important to seek legal advice as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can help you understand your rights and options and guide you through the process of pursuing a claim.